The Surgical Technician (ST) is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon.
The Surgical Technician reports to the clinical manager.
- High School or equivalent and completion of a 2-year associate degree in surgical technology.
- Surgical experience preferred.
- Experience as a ST preferred
- CST required within one year of hire, if hired without certification
- Passes a pre-hire employment tests
- OR skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR