The vascular technologist will be capable of applying techniques and patient positioning to produce high qulaity ultrasound images. Individuals in this position must be able to exercise initiative, critical thinking and independent judgment The technologist must be willing to participate in continuing education programs to further upgrade his/her skills. Qualified candidate must have good communication skills, be reliable and participate in after-hours coverage (on-call) as well as travel to Southview Hospital.
1. Registered Vascular Technologist certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers with a minimum six months full-time clinical experience in Vascular Lab settings (preferred)
2 Registered by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International with minimum of six months full-time clinical experience in Vascular Lab settings may be considered
3. Registry Eligible candidates for RVT credential with twelve months full-time clinical experience in Vascular Lab setting may be considered with Registry status obtained within 6 months from hire date.
1. Candidates must show competency in the vascular diagnostic imaging modalities including but no tlimited to cerebrovascular, peripheral venous and arterial testing, visceral, renal artery, hemodialysis access and peripheral venous mapping
2. Candidates must have good communication skills including extensive knowledge of vascular anatomy and terminology, including vascular hemodynamics
3. Canddiates must be competent in structured reporting