The Surgical Technician (ST) is responsible for assisting in direct care to patients undergoing surgical intervention by selecting, setting up, and passing of sterile instruments to the surgeon and assistants, under the direction of the RN and the surgeon.
The Surgical Technician reports to the clinical manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited surgical technology program.
- Certification preferred but required within one year of hire.
- Ability to multitask and work in fast pace environment.
- Able to function independently as a surgical technician.
- Customer service/communication skills.
- Ability to teach others due to being a teaching facility.