As Manager of Patient Care Experience, your mission is to lead the development and implementation of best practices that will create optimal outcomes and improve the healthcare experience of the patient and their family.
You are thought of as a compassionate, empathetic, collaborative thought leader who is self-directed, ambitious and has the ability to work autonomously. Above all, you have a great passion for the patient’s experience! Among your leadership accomplishments are your proven skills to effectively manage change, and identify and implement solutions for challenging situations.
In this role you will have a ‘seat-at-the-table,’ and report directly to the hospital CNO supporting all levels of clinical departmental leadership. Your expertise driving improvement strategies via HCAHPS survey data and the observation of new and experienced nurses, charge nurses and leader patient roundings, are essential to your success.
Other Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s) include:
- Effective communication with patients, families, leaders and physicians to garner feedback for the patient experience
- Daily track and monitor patient experience data to collaborate with departmental leaders and create action plans with measurable success indicators
- Research best patient care practices, collaborating with patient care experience managers across Kettering hospitals and utilize Press Gainey Analytics for insights into other hospital organizations for broader perspectives
- Prepare and facilitate monthly patient experience review sessions communicating the HCAHPS performance survey data and comments to department leaders, along with proposed solutions for identified issues or areas of improvement
- Utilize GAP Analysis to improve the clinician / patient interaction for patient safety
Required Skills, Education, Attributes and Experience:
- RN with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Five years or more experience in clinical hospital environment, ideally in a high acuity, critical care units such as the ED, ICU, Ambulatory Surgery, or the OR
- Patient and family experience focused
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills – you will be called upon to share examples
- Preferred certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP)
Kettering Health is proud to be named by Truven Health Analytics as one of the 15 TOP Health systems in the country!
Truven Health Analytics is a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare.
Ready to make a move and showcase your patient care experience leadership in a thriving, high growth, faith driven, patient centric environment?