Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
This team member is a communicator who wields excellent writing and editing skills, exercises attention to detail, and demonstrates strong project management experience. This position serves as managing editor of k-news, the organization’s employee news program. This team member also executes communication campaigns and programs for internal clients, and assists with executive communications including, but not limited to, memos, talking points, award nominations, and video scripts. They use critical thinking and work both independently and collaboratively to ensure messaging consistently reflects system branding and strategic initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Serve as managing editor for employee communication channels, including a website, monthly print newsletter, and weekly emails.
· Create and implement strategic communications campaigns and programs for internal departments.
· Write and/or edit executive communications including, but not limited to, memos, talking points, award nominations, and video scripts
· Provide high level of customer service and manage client relationships throughout the organization
· Collaborate with internal team members and external vendors, including designers, photographers, videographers, and freelancers.
· Use storytelling techniques to engage audiences.
· Effectively manage priorities and complete work in a timely manner
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, publications, English, or relevant field.
· Experience: 1-4 years of experience in years of experience in relevant field, including communications, marketing, publications, writing, and editing.
· Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
· Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to communicate effectively; build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
· Creative thinking
· Critical analysis