Qualifications, Education, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Ohio Driver license.
- Completion of Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission police academy within 3 months of application.
- Ability to obtain an Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission certificate upon hire.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Secretary of State Police Commission (granted by KHN PD).
- Ability to successfully complete annual OPOTA firearms qualification course.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification upon hire.
- Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies and laws that address public safety related aspects in the health care setting (preferred).
- Never charged or convicted with a disqualifying offense per Ohio Administrative Code 3701-13-05.
Effective Working Relationships – The Police Department relies heavily on communication throughout all departments within the network, local law-enforcement agencies, and the community. Police Officers should have a proven ability to establish and foster effective working relationships with a broad number of stakeholders.
Team Builder – An individual with a positive, infectious attitude who is willing to inspire and lead those around them.
Accountability & Performance Measurement – The ability to hold oneself accountability and strive to achieve optimum performance.
Excellent Communication – An individual who can communicate effectively with all levels of staff within the organization and the public – in person and in writing. Ability to listen to and understand opposing viewpoints and the ability to articulate policy and vision.
Technically Skilled, Educated & Experienced – Someone who is educated and experienced in Police functions, investigations, technology and personnel management.
- Demonstrates support of policies and procedures established by the organization
- Represents the Network with a positive, professional attitude and professional appearance in all activities and communications
- Personally champions and promotes KHN’s corporate values, mission and culture, and does so with enthusiasm and sincerity
- Is honest and fair in all interactions; honors commitments made to fellow employees and other departments
- Positively champions change through sharing thoughts, feelings and rationale so that others understand personal and organizational positions
- Consistently respects confidentiality of information
- Performs all activities in accordance with and in support of the Network’s mission, vision, values and business objectives
- Participates in strategic planning and public relations
- Enhances professional growth and development through meetings and educational programs
- Challenges paradigms by identifying assumptions in the way problems or situations are defined or presented and sees alternative ways to view or define problems
- Champions continuous improvement which strategically aligns to the overall network goals and strategic plan
- Displays willingness to problem-solve
- Displays willingness to improve job functions
- Provides an environment in which employees feel respected and informed
- Works with Hospital and Network Administration to improve facility operations and efficiency in response to information provided by referring physicians, staff and patients
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Practices “service plus” attitude
- Supervises the development of and maintains relationships with hospital staff
- Works with Hospital administration and personnel to develop and coordinate communication materials and programs
- Adheres to Network philosophy, policies, procedures, and supports its goals
- Communicates effectively to customers of varying cultures, ages, and backgrounds
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to, departmental policies and procedures
- Uses resources efficiently
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Supports community initiatives by joining and actively participating in civic organizations that align with the mission and values of Kettering Health Network
- Organizes and promotes professional relations events to foster and maintain professional relations as needs are identified
- Attends departmental in-service and staff meetings
- Displays team-oriented behavior and encourages teamwork in others
- Responds positively to direction from supervisor professionally accepting constructive criticism