Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Kettering Health Main Campus
Biomedical Imaging Specialist duties include: inspection, calibration, installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of imaging equipment. Works with equipment users for best resolution of issues and communicates equipment status. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Keeps complete records of work done. Assists the manager with equipment replacement recommendations. Other duties as assigned.
· Associate or Bachelors degree in biomedical electronics or related, or a combination of relevant training and experience.
· Extensive additional advanced training and extensive self study in the imaging equipment field, including but not limited to, equipment for diagnostic radiography, film processing, image storage, fluoroscopy, digital radiography, radiation therapy, CT scanners, magnetic resonance, and ultrasonic imaging.
· Minimum of three years work experience as a BMET, with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) specialized work experience with imaging equipment systems.
· Manifest advanced skills and abilities in a broad range of imaging equipment areas.
· Extensive knowledge of ionizing radiation effects on the human body and the methodologies of ionizing radiation safety and protection.
· Comprehensive knowledge of high voltage and electrical safety precautions and procedures, and considerable ability in interpretation and application of hospital codes, standards, and regulations.
· Demonstrable advanced skill in applying electric/electronic circuit theory and operating principles to effectively diagnose equipment malfunctions.
· Demonstrated ability in effectively troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of imaging equipment systems.
· Demonstrable knowledge and proficiency in the use of advanced electronic test and measurement instrumentation.
· Knowledge of basic computer theory and skill in effectively using computer systems and applications.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, methods, tools, materials, and instrumentation associated with the imaging field.
· Advanced skill in interpreting complex wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and service manuals and specifications.
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.