Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Kettering Health Dayton
JOB SUMMARY: As a key member of the Finance team, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for analyzing and communicating via presentations, reports, dashboards, etc. the overall financial performance of the Grandview Medical Center System (GVMCS). This includes understanding key drivers, analyzing variances and trends and making recommendations to ensure GVMCS meets its financial objectives. This position is also responsible for coordinating the annual budget and planning process—leading the non-labor budget development and supporting the labor budget development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and maintain custom reports and dashboards to better facilitate tracking of key metrics relative to the overall hospital operations and individual department operations. Work with GVMCS leaders to develop reports and financial tools to analyze impact of department activities.
· Perform timely actual vs. budget analysis ensuring it provides useful insight to the organization. This includes analyzing and explaining variances, identifying trends and implications and making recommendations to ensure GVMCS remains on track to meet its short- and long-term financial objectives.
· Provide support to the Bi-weekly Salary Review (BSR) meetings and Monthly Operating Review (MOR) meetings with GVMCS Leadership.
· Provide support on month-end and year-end close process including preparing supporting documentation for monthly pre-close meeting with other KHN Hospital Financial Leadership.
· Provide support for the annual budget development for Grandview and Southview Medical Centers including all ambulatory facilities under the GVMCS Financial Reporting umbrella.
· Partner with GVMCS Facilities staff to track and manage the financial components (budget, obligations, invoice payments, etc.) for all GVMCS capital projects.
· Provide direct supervision of the GVMCS Finance and Contracts Analyst.
· Provide oversight for the physician contracting and payment process which is led by the Finance and Contracts Analyst.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
Master's Degree, CPA or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years accounting leadership experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
Computer literacy in accounting systems, PC financial and database tools, Microsoft Office.
Written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain and discuss financial data.
Process Excellence experience.
Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: None