Provide onsite genetic counseling to Women’s and Children’s Service Line and Oncology Service Line patients and families. Support strategies for family testing, care planning, and follow up. More specifically:
- Assessment: Pedigree review using national standards of care. Document impressions in professional language. Provide information in lay language to patients as appropriate.
- Develop plan of care as needed including recommendation of applicable lab testing and referral options
- Data Collection: Work with Directors of the impacted Service Lines to establish metrics and benchmark with national standards. Timely collection and workflow agreement with Directors.
- Report Development: Provide summary of volumes, patient categories, time utilization, referrals out, and outcomes. Develops monthly report.
- Participation in meetings and makes presentations as needed.