This network-wide position, under the direction of the Access & Scheduling Executive Director, Kettering Health Network, is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of all Revenue Cycle functions related to hospital scheduling, insurance verification, authorization and pre-service financial screening and collections. The Director is accountable to develop, direct, manage, lead, problem solve, evaluate develop the processes, systems and personnel of Kettering Health Network Pre-service Clearance functions and related services. The Director will be responsible for the successful delivery of these services in a fast-paced call center environment. The Director is accountable to deliver industry leading results through performance oversight for functional operations.
- Develops and maintains effective policies, processes, systems and workflow in this centralized Patient Financial Clearance unit serving 7 hospitals with 60K inpatient and 1 Million outpatient visits annually.
- Provides regular, comprehensive performance reporting to reflect and valuate outcomes, workflow effectiveness, training needs, and trends for improvement and reporting.
- Is in a critical KHN leadership role to define and deliver an excellent Patient Financial Experience.
- Actively develops and maintains a positive working relationship with other KHN leaders, employees, vendors, other hospitals, government agencies, etc., to ensure Patient Access and Central Scheduling Departments and Kettering Health Network goals are optimized and that good working relationships are cultivated and retained. Develops and implements quality initiative/improvements and participates in strategic planning.
- Develops and manages an operating budget of approximately $4 Million.
- Oversight and direction of cash collection and reconciliation for upfront, or at the time of service payments of approximately $30,000,000 annually.
- Demonstrates corporate-wide focus yet has the ability to interpret and implement strategies and planning at the local KHN site and service line level.
- Develops and maintains an effective Compliance Program to ensure adherence of all Medicare/Medicaid and governmental rules and regulations.
- Develops and maintains an employment engagement program.
- Maintains a personal and professional development plan to stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in the field of registration and scheduling.