Nursing assistants (NA) in the float pool experience all aspects of patient care for the network. NA's in the Float Pool typically support Med/Surg, Critical Care and ICU Departments. Come work with a team of highly engaged healthcare providers where you can make a direct impact on patient care for our community!
The NA serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a professional nurse. The NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Passing grade on pre-employment tests
• Successful completion of either KHN Nursing Assistant orientation or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
• One year experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long term care facility
• Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from this
• BLS certification